- Marie Curie “Turntake” project (FP7-PEOPLE-2011-IIF, n° 301155), in collaboration with Estela Bicho (DEI, Univ. Minho). Principal researcher: Alfredo Perreira (Univ. MInho). Group members involved: Wolfram Erlhagen, Flora Ferreira.
- Marie Curie Initial Training Network NETT project (Neural Engineering Transformative Technologies, nr 289146), in collaboration with Universidade de Nottingham, CNR, INRIA and starting in September 2012. Principal researcher: Wolfram Erlhagen. Other group member involved: Flora Ferreira.
- Convénio/Acordo FCT - Acordo Portugal-França: Programa PESSOA 2012-13 project ("Esquemas de volumes finitos de ordem muito elevada em simulação hidrodinâmica de fluidos"), in collaboration with Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse, Université Paul Sabatier and starting in January 2012. Principal researcher: Stéphane Clain. Other group members involved: G. J. Machado, R. M. S. Pereira.
- ANR project ("Dielectric modelling"), in collaboration with Laplace Laboratory Toulouse and starting in September 2011. Principal researcher: Severine Leroy. Group member involved: Stéphane Clain.
- FCT PTDC/EEA_CRO/116014/2009 project ("Optimal Control and Hybrid Nonlinear Systems"), starting in January 2011. Principal researcher: Fernando Fontes. Group member involved: Sofia Lopes.
- FCT PTDC/MAT/121185/2010 project ("Numerical simulations of three-dimensional polymer flows and applications to plastic forming"), starting in April 2012. Principal researcher: Stéphane Clain. Other group members involved: G. J. Machado, Rui Pereira, Rui Ralha.
- FCT PTDC/MAT/104879/2008 project (“Statistical Methods in Clinical Research: Spatial, Longitudinal and Survival Studies”), starting in May 2010, in collaboration with Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Fundação da Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Coimbra and Hospital de Braga. Principal researcher: Luís Machado. Group member involved: Paulo Pereira.
- FCT POCI/V.5/A0119/2005 project, 08/2007-12/2008 ("Learning to read the motor intention of others: towards socially intelligent robots").
- European project Joint Action in Science and Technology (JAST) (IST-2-003747-IP, 10/2004-12/2008).